Computing is changing the lives of everyone. We believe that through teaching Computing we equip children to participate in a rapidly-changing world where work and leisure activities are increasingly transformed by technology. We enable them to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information. We also focus on developing the skills necessary for children to be able to use information in a discriminating and effective way. Computing skills are a major factor in enabling children to be confident, creative and independent learners.
Through activities linked with other curriculum areas the children will:
- Learn to use key words to describe and label objects and identify criteria to divide sets of objects.
- Learn how to collect information, enter it into a simple graphing package and present their findings as pictograms.
- Learn how to save their work and to print work when appropriate.
- Use a variety of programs to support both literacy and numeracy.
- Learn about programming.
- Some links to support different areas of the curriculum.